Talk

Advanced search

Diaphragmatic hernia / diaphragm Eventration

(2 Posts)
Mrsdivall Thu 21-Feb-19 16:36:17

Hi all. At a scan when I was 18 weeks 5 days the dr advised that there is an issue with my baby's diaphragm. The dr said that the stomach is unusually high and is pushing the diaphragm up into the chest (my baby has a cyst below it's stomach that is making it do this). She said this is called a diaphragm Eventration. She said that my baby's heart has also been pushed to the right side of her body. I am so scared.

She also said that she can't rule out that my baby may have a diaphragmatic hernia but is unsure yet. I am terrified as I've been googling this and the survival rate is 50/50 depending on lung development.

Does anyone have any experience with either a diaphragm Eventration or diaphragmatic hernia? My next appointment is on 28/02/19 for an anomaly scan (I'll be 21 weeks). I also have an echocardiogram booked for 05/03/19. Can anyone help?

OP’s posts: |
elliejjtiny Wed 27-Feb-19 10:38:13

My son's friend has a diaphragmatic hernia. He is 3 now. He was born prematurely and had a bit of a shaky start but I don't know if that was caused by the hernia or not. He is well now though.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in