Talk

Advanced search

Downs risk and Harmony NIPT test

(8 Posts)
Lizzie982 Thu 14-Feb-19 17:07:22

Hi all. I'm wondering if I can ask for some reassurance.

Our NHS screening came back as 1:28 chance for Downs.
We then also had a Harmony NIPT test, which came back as 1:10,000.

Can we relax? Am I right there's no need to consider an amnio?

Thank you and sorry for being neurotic!

SylvanianFrenemies Thu 14-Feb-19 21:54:07

The Harmony test is very reliable. I wouldn't have an amino in your position. You can relax! Good luck for the rest of your pregnancy.

Lizzie982 Fri 15-Feb-19 15:52:56

Thank you so much! That's really reassuring .... I appreciate it smile x

SylvanianFrenemies Fri 15-Feb-19 17:25:06

No problem!

Treaclepie19 Fri 22-Feb-19 21:05:50

Did you have any other indicators of a problem?
Was the Nuchal translucency okay?
If all has appeared okay otherwise then I'd not risk the amnio, however our little boy had a high NT and was very poorly which we only found out through an amnio.
I hope that doesn't scare you, but I'm really glad we did have the amnio now.

Lizzie982 Fri 22-Feb-19 23:12:44

Thanks for the message - but no, the NT was normal.... the high risk came from age and hormonal levels. I think we'll stick with the Harmony test and not risk an amnio.... x

Megan2018 Mon 25-Feb-19 13:31:57

I really hope mine comes back as good as that! Definitely wouldn't have CVS/amnio with those results.

Can I ask @Lizzie982 how long did your result take? I had mine done early on Weds 20th Feb so anxiously awaiting them this week.

Lizzie982 Mon 25-Feb-19 13:51:14

Hi. We were really lucky and got the results really quickly - did the test on a Wednesday afternoon, I was told 5-7 working days but then got the results by the following Monday evening! Which was both surprising and great....
Good luck to you, hope you get quick and wonderful results x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »