Talk

Advanced search

Dilated ventricles- anyone had this and been ok?

(6 Posts)
teacuptale Wed 13-Feb-19 16:19:22

Hi, just wondered if anyone had experienced bejng told that their fetis has enlarged ventricles and if there ended up being nothing wrong with the baby.

teacuptale Wed 13-Feb-19 16:20:01

Fetus not fetis. Stupid autocorrect.

elliejjtiny Wed 27-Feb-19 10:44:29

I'm assuming you mean brain ventricles rather than heart ventricles. My son was born with ventricles of 21 and 24mm (under 10mm is normal). It depends on the cause really. My son has learning difficulties but many children with enlarged ventricles don't have any issues at all. My son has a small and immature brain as well. He is a very lovely and happy 5 year old now.

Lancelottie Wed 27-Feb-19 10:46:53

Sort of.

Again, I'm assuming you mean in the brain? DS had this. He's physically fine but autistic ('high functioning', by which I mean he got multiple A* A-levels and is doing a degree).

teacuptale Sat 02-Mar-19 09:07:44

Hi, thanks for your replies. Yes, I did mean in the brain, sorry I should have been more specific.

Lancelottie Sat 02-Mar-19 22:51:17

How are you doing, Teacup? Was this from a recent scan, and did the sonographer offer any more information or guidance?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: