Talk

Advanced search

Dating scan

(4 Posts)
iqrakarim1 Mon 11-Feb-19 15:33:30

Hi,
I am 12 weeks pregnant and I have received a letter for my dating scan for next week Monday but I still have not had my first appointment with midwife yet, will I have to see the midwife before going to first scan?
Thank you

CaseofEllen Mon 11-Feb-19 15:56:36

Usually you see midwife before your first scan but I'm not sure if you HAVE too. Although you won't have any notes to take to the scan as you get these at your first midwife appointment (booking app) around 8 weeks. Have you rang your GP surgery/community midwife team to arrange your first appointment?

Wifelife Mon 11-Feb-19 16:10:49

I got my 12 week scan letter last week and it said you have to see the midwife first or they won’t scan you and you have to bring your notes too - not sure if that’s the case everywhere, I’m in Bedfordshire but I’d double check it just in case

MadameJosephine Mon 11-Feb-19 23:29:58

You should have seen your midwife first and you should have an opportunity to discuss screening with her beforehand, I’m pretty sure that’s a national standard, it certainly is at our trust.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: