Talk

Advanced search

Elevated MCV & Signs of water infection??

(1 Post)
amyem Fri 25-Jan-19 03:46:13

Hi,

I'm 32 weeks pregnant and had a letter today following my blood tests saying that I have elevated MCV.

The letter doesn't explain what this means or tell me that I need to take anything so naturally now I'm worried as I have no idea about any of it. It just says that I'll need to have another blood test 6 weeks after the birth.

Does anyone have experience of this or any midwives around who know what this actually means? I just wish they would explain things in the letter so you actually know what they're talking about!!

They also sent a separate letter at the same time saying that my bloods showed signs of a water infection so I need to take in another sample so that they can rule this out. I keep thinking surely if I had a water infection it would've been picked up by the midwife on the same day when she did the usual urine checks? And what if it's not a water infection, what do they think it can be then or do they just leave it at that??

Sorry I'm a natural worrier and hate not having things explained to me properly!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »