Talk

Advanced search

Advice and experience please ttc 40

(4 Posts)
onemorego2019 Sun 16-Dec-18 19:02:43

Currently just started to try and conceive. I am 40 and we have other children. I conceived my last when I was 36. At that time I stood firm and refused all screening tests despite being referred to as a geriatric mother. This time I feel different, almost like I should have them. Does anyone else have experience of being pregnant at 40? How were you treated by midwife/consultant. the What are the tests like? I do get anxious so I know I will worry. But then I will worry without them too!

Yuzuko Mon 17-Dec-18 09:36:02

I'm 37, so not quite 40. I paid and had the harmony test (nipt) test. I had it at 10.5 weeks and it was able to significantly reduce the anxiety I had about potential chromosomal issues. It was non invasive and the only downside was cost. Since then, and since 12 week scan I have felt much more comfy and happy about this pregnancy.

typoqueen Sat 02-Feb-19 18:30:46

I had my little surprise DD at 42, i did not have any of the tests with any of my previous pregnancies so didnt have any with DD, she was born 2 days early, , pregnancy was tough only because i seemed to be extra tired and had gestational diabetes, she was born with very low blood sugar which was rectified with premature baby milk, other than that all ok x

onemorego2019 Sat 02-Feb-19 22:49:17

Congratulations @typoqueen and thank you for your reply. We're still trying so fingers crossed xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: