Talk

Advanced search

Anxious testing results at 43

(5 Posts)
amanda75 Sat 15-Dec-18 02:43:44

I'm 43 and now 13 weeks pregnant, had my scan today and fluid NT measurement 1.7mm after 3 people trying to take my blood finally got some (have a massive needle blood phobia). Now just waiting feel I'm doomed just because of my age I wanted to have a private NIPT but husband wanted to wait for this probability. I suffer from anxiety and from when I found out at t weeks every day have been worrying about my baby and these tests. My local private clinic can't now see me till 2nd Jan assuming because of Christmas. Waiting to hear from Nhs but feel my result has no chance because of my age, I'm not sleeping and my anxiety is through the roof feeling unable to enjoy my pregnancy.

SylvanianFrenemies Sat 15-Dec-18 10:18:13

1.7 is totally normal, a great result.

I am waiting for NIPT results because I had a raised NT of 4.8. The results are going to be at least 9 days. You'll have your NHS result before then.

I understand the worrying, but try and distract yourself. You'll have your results soon.

Yuzuko Sat 15-Dec-18 22:15:38

I was anxious, so I paid for the harmony test. Everything came back low risk and I have to say it almost completely alleviated my anxiety. It was well wat he money.

Eatmycheese Thu 27-Dec-18 23:21:01

I had my third baby at 42 my second son.
My blood results were something like 1:2500 for t21 and 1:5000 for the others
My NT was 1.1 similar results to my first baby at 39 his NT was 1.8

Your NT is very normal.
My second baby a girl at 41 was much higher risk at 1:203 for all three but still low risk. My NT was 1.4. My consultant told me girls often generate higher risk ratios even though there are no issues. Not sure if that true, but just wanted to share my figures and experience.

Al three were perfectly healthy babies at birth.

Good luck

amanda75 Fri 28-Dec-18 17:28:30

Had my results and they are good so happy all that worry ..... next week get my gender scan

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: