Talk

Advanced search

CRL help, really confused?

(9 Posts)
worriedaf Wed 07-Nov-18 18:34:37

Hi, I went for an early scan today as I had a tiny bit of spotting and some pain and the doctor and sonographer said everything was okay and we saw a heartbeat but according to my LMP (23rd September) I am 6w3d today. Had my first BFP with an Internet cheapie on the 21st October and with a clearblue digital on the 23rd, which gave me a 1-2 weeks pregnant result.
The CRL today was only 2.5mm and now I’m so worried because looking online it seems like such a small number. One online calculator placed it at 5w2d.
Any ideas? I can’t even try and work any dates out, I’m so so worried. Thank you in advance.

worriedaf Wed 07-Nov-18 20:14:46

Anyone? I can’t even eat I’m so distressed sad

LittleDoveLove Wed 07-Nov-18 22:10:01

Hi Op I don't really know anything about this but I just used to ring EPU or antenatal clinic midwives at the hospital (I was referred there so that's where I had my early scans) and ask if I was concerned about something. They are best to reassure smile I rang a couple of times over various things in my early pregnancy to put my mind at ease. smile

worriedaf Thu 08-Nov-18 08:10:39

Thank you I will do that. Was waiting for the midwife to open at 8.30 but will try and ring the hospital now. X

LittleDoveLove Thu 08-Nov-18 08:31:39

I find them much better than community midwife plus they will have your notes if scanned there smile x

Haz1516 Thu 08-Nov-18 08:40:12

At this stage the measurements are so tiny, I think it’s difficult to be totally exact. I had an early scan that put it 2 weeks behind what the 12 week scan later said. Baby actually ended up born almost 4 weeks before that first date the early scan gave! Try not to worry, I think when it’s this early it’s good for them to see anything at all!

worriedaf Thu 08-Nov-18 08:42:49

Thank you, the EPU lady told me to stop using google! She said the size was normal but I am still a bit worried and wishing I could do another scan soon just so I could see if it is growing. I’ve never known anxiety like going through infertility and now early pregnancy. I’m a wreck and so scared all the time. Thank you for your replies xx

Michelle0507 Sat 22-Dec-18 16:33:16

I had a scan at 6w and it measured 1.3mm couldn't see a thing I thought it was too small. Scanned at 8w3d was 17.9mm.

onemoremummy Mon 24-Dec-18 00:19:22

Surely CRL is only a reliable indicator at 12 weeks?? Which is why the dating scan doesn’t take place before 10 weeks??? How on earth is the sonographer able to measure the CRL from a little little blob on the screen! ☺️ I wouldn’t worry about this....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »