Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had low-risk screening result but still had NIPT?

(8 Posts)
ClaireyFL Fri 21-Sep-18 22:52:17

Hello,

I'm 41 and just had my Downs Syndrome screening results back, which showed 1:320 risk.

That seemed like a high risk to me at first, but having done some reading it's low risk for my age.

I'm wondering whether to go private and have NIPT. My partner and I are happy to pay for any extra peace of mind, but we're wondering if anyone else found themselves in a similar position?

Thanks x

OP’s posts: |
kmreeve Sat 22-Sep-18 08:39:35

Hi!

I'm 36 and mine came back as 1:165 ( which is still considered low risk) I did however opt for a harmony test - which came back clear. I needed the clarification otherwise I would've worried my whole pregnancy xx

ClaireyFL Sat 22-Sep-18 12:07:28

Thanks KMReeve, I'm definitely thinking of getting that test done just for some peace of mind. Glad to hear yours were ok 😃👍🏻

1stTimeMum2Be Sat 22-Sep-18 12:45:38

Hi there,

I had low risk NT results (I'm 39) and I have also had NIPT - however I am on my 3rd redraw as the past 2 attempts have come back as low fetal DNA so they can't give a result.

I have everything crossed for 3rd time lucky!

x

ClaireyFL Sat 22-Sep-18 15:36:17

Yes fingers crossed for you! x

Willow1992 Wed 31-Oct-18 12:41:37

I decided I would have an NIPT before or instead of any NHS test if we go for baby no. 3.
I am a 'safe' age still but had a 1:5 downs scare which really upset me in PG2 so peace of mind is worth a lot to me. If it saves you from worrying your whole pregnancy then it is totally worth it imo.

ClaireyFL Wed 31-Oct-18 19:48:08

Thanks all. I paid to have the test and it came back as low - something like 1:10,000.
Definitely worth it for the peace of mind. x

1stTimeMum2Be Tue 13-Nov-18 09:35:26

Hi @ClaireyFL

Great news on your results.

I went back for a 4th redraw and really wasn't holding out much hope but I got a result! All low risk smile

Hope all goes well with the rest of your pregnancy

x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in