Talk

Advanced search

Early scan tomorrow... terrified!

(4 Posts)
CobaltRose Mon 23-Jul-18 14:08:07

Hi everyone. My first pregnancy sadly ended in a missed miscarriage in April. I was supposed to be 12 weeks, but a scan revealed baby had died at six weeks. I had to have an ERPC.

On the 26th of June I discovered I was pregnant again. I'm now seven weeks exactly according to my LMP.

In order to assuage some of my anxiety I decided to book an early private reassurance scan. My appointment is tomorrow afternoon and I'm utterly terrified! I'm so scared that I'll go into the scan only to be told I've had another miscarriage sad Part of my worry is that, because my first pregnancy failed, there must be something wrong with me sad

Every time I go to the toilet I'm checking for blood, and when I first found out I was constantly testing to make sure they were still positive! (Though I had to stop that as it was getting expensive.. grin) Every slight twinge and ache and I'm panicking.

I'm getting more symptoms and getting them more severely than last time, but I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything. sad

Wish me luck! Thanks flowers

OP’s posts: |
Geekster1963 Mon 23-Jul-18 19:32:20

I want to wish you good luck tomorrow. I’ve been there with a missed miscarriage and it’s horrible.

gstarturner Tue 07-Aug-18 11:42:21

Hi CobaltRose, I know this was a few weeks ago now. I really hope all is well. I also had a miscarriage roughly 2 years ago early on, it really id devastating.
I am now pregnant with my new partner and have my 12 week scan tomorrow, I did ask for an earlier scan due to my worries but it wasn't possible. I guess like every mum to be on the planet, I am very nervous and just want everything to be ok.

I hope all is well with all the mums to be in the same boat! flowers

gstarturner Wed 08-Aug-18 19:50:17

Hi any new mums to be out there. I had my 12 week scan today, I was out there desperately looking for positive posts to get some sort of comfort, I don't know why this makes us feel better but it seems to! Anyway here is a positive post to encourage anyone out there at a similar sort of stage in their pregnancy. It was a wonderful to see the little one the screen. I was so so scared, I had all those feelings that I was going to get there and had made a mistake, or something bad had happened (due to a previous miscarriage) but everything was as it was supposed to be and the sonographer was happy with what she saw! I didn't understand too much about he NT scan but she gave me a number of 1.5 which I believe to be ok!
I hope all mums to be are doing well or anyone with any worries or concerns can air their views and hopefully have some comfort from the chats smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in