Talk

Advanced search

Letter from the GP?

(6 Posts)
annemie Fri 03-Nov-17 19:38:36

Hello ladies,

I've just received a letter from my GP saying they have received my test results and would like to schedule a telephone appointment to discuss.

However, I didn't have any tests with the surgery ... ever sad

I'm currently 14 weeks pregnant but my midwife already discussed the results from my blood tests (which she took at the local children's centre) with me during my second appointment with her two weeks ago. Everything was fine and all values were good. I also had my dating scan which was all fine.

Would any of them pass on any results to my GP surgery and would they call me to discuss anything? Or does this seem like a mistake on behalf of the surgery?

Wigglewiggletime Fri 03-Nov-17 19:41:12

It's probably just an automated thing, if they got results in for you from the midwife then they automatically might send a letter to schedule tele appt so that you can get the results, as they don't know that the midwife has already gone through them with you. Yes they most likely would have been passed up the gp surgery.

annemie Fri 03-Nov-17 19:43:11

Thanks for your response Wiggle! So nothing to be worried about then?

Wigglewiggletime Fri 03-Nov-17 19:48:02

Doubt it! It's happened to me before where I've had tests, got results, then got a letter a week or so later. It does make you worry! But if it was anything serious they would contact you directly so don't worry flowers

TroysMammy Fri 03-Nov-17 19:53:16

Yes, the midwife who does a clinic at my surgery once a week gives the GP blood and swab results so they can do a prescription. Usually iron tablets or thrush cream.

Littlebelina Sat 04-Nov-17 09:15:24

I had this from a urine test that the midwife did so could be that (had mild UTI) or iron levels from 12 week bloods?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now