High double test and echogenic bowel

(4 Posts)
waterrr Sun 15-Oct-17 09:32:19

Hi mommys, first of all sorry for my English, Im reading this portal since a week, and I want to thank all moms in here for helping answers.
Actually Im really in stress. I have a problem with my test results, Im in 17th week. And my double test is high as 1/249. I’d learn it while I was 12th week. And the doctor offered me to visit detailed ultrasound. And I’d been checked in 15+ week. They said me your babys fine but it seems there is echogenic bowel, and they recommeded me to visit genetic consultation too. He just said me you must go for amniocenteses. But I choosed the blood test which is Nifty test. I am waiting for my result.
I want to ask all of you, is there anybody who experienced these things in pregnancy? I mean both high test risks and ultrasound risks at the same time. And then what happened?
Thank you for now.

OP’s posts: |
haggis81 Sun 15-Oct-17 18:38:28

Hi wwater, sorry you are feeling worried. I don't have any experience of an amniocentesis or the Nifty test unfortunately but at my 20 week scan the sonographer thought she saw an echogenic bowel. We were referred to a consultant at a different hospital who did a detailed ultrasound and told us there was no problem. In our case at least it appeared that the sonographer had just been very cautious about something she thought she saw but it was clearly quite subjective. Our son is nearly two and perfectly healthy. I guess the best course of action is to wait for the results of the Nifty test and go from there. Wishing you all the best.

waterrr Sun 15-Oct-17 18:57:06

Thank you for your answer. I will wait with passion and praying to God flowers

OP’s posts: |
mammmamia Sun 15-Oct-17 19:05:52

Hi sorry you are having to go through this. I had exactly the same experience as haggis. At 20 week scan sonographer thought she saw echogenic bowel so I had to have some more scans but finally they said the risk was very small and said I didn't need an amniocentesis.
I had twins so I did have a lot of scans anyway. They were both fine.
In your case if they have advised you to have amniocentesis that's a different situation but like haggis said probably best to wait for your nifty test result. I don't know anything about those but wish you all the best. Hugs x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in