Talk

Advanced search

Harmony Test King's College

(6 Posts)
Nevaroma Thu 22-Jun-17 20:45:44

Hi

I had the harmony test on Monday and they checked my email address several times. So I assumed the test results will be emailed to me however I got a reminder to come to Kings College next week but I never made this appointment. I am confused now if that means bad news??

Did anyone have their test done at King's College London and if so how did you get your results??

I will call them tomorrow but I got the reminder after they closed and it is quite worrying as I am thinking bad news.

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
OoohSmooch Sat 24-Jun-17 21:12:59

I had the CVS at Kings College last year and the results were done by telephone. I would expect the same with the Harmoney test also. Did they say they would email you?

Gunpowder Sun 25-Jun-17 10:29:19

I got the harmony test results by email. However they took 12 days and I doubt you would get the results (good or bad) until 7-10 days after they took the bloods as they are sent to the US for analysis (I checked as I wanted to know if I would get mine before the 14 days were up). There's no way they would know in 2 days. Could the appointment be for something else? Or maybe your sample was insufficient or broken en route. I would call them and ask. Could also be an admin error. I got the impression if it was a positive or intermediate result they would call you.

Nevaroma Sun 25-Jun-17 10:58:38

Thanks for your responses. They told me it would be via email so that is why I got confused.
Apparently they changed another appointment without informing me so it was a timely coincidence with the harmony test.
I suppose it is a mentally very stressful time and my nerves are up in the air. Waiting and waiting....

OP’s posts: |
Gunpowder Sun 25-Jun-17 11:00:48

Good luck Nevaroma. The wait is horrible. I have everything crossed for you.

SeatOfMyPants Sun 23-Jul-17 21:47:30

Mine took 8 days to come back, and that's over the Easter weekend. So I hope you will get it soon. This is at kings.

I recently had a text from my hospital (recently transferred) re an appointment that I hadn't made. It made me flustered too. I'd just had a blood test that afternoon and still managed to get in a flap, even though there's no way it could have been tested by then!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in