Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant

(14 Posts)
Mrshoward2003 Wed 21-Jun-17 12:47:32

Recently found out I'm pregnant with number 7 Birmingham women's are telling me that they no longer do dating scan??? What do I do as I'm unsure as to how far gone I am I had 3 days bleeding Jan spotted 1 day Feb and 1 day march nothing since (recently moved and old doctors had tested for early menopause due to symptoms) my new doctor felt tummy yesterday and said min 12 weeks but couldn't be 100% what do I do at feeling infrequent movements already ???

Thingymaboob Wed 21-Jun-17 13:58:40

So they don't do a 12 week scan? That can't be right!

Flamingoprincess1212 Wed 21-Jun-17 14:01:03

Have you got a midwife with your Gp? Xx

ijustwannadance Wed 21-Jun-17 14:02:09

They still do 12 week scan by mine. That seems odd.

Flamingoprincess1212 Wed 21-Jun-17 14:03:18

Or actually, a GUM clinic nearby? I live in the arse end of nowhere and a few friends who have always been irregular went into the GUM Because they were unsure if pregnant or irregular, and they had HCG bloods, and an ultrasound to date!

Mrshoward2003 Wed 21-Jun-17 14:24:39

I've been told this morning that they no longer do a 12 week dating scan haven't yet got a midwife with go as only registered at gp a couple of weeks ago went on Tuesday she felt tummy and put min 12 weeks on notes on screen handed referral to reception who faxed it over to women's who called at 8 am saying they no longer do the 12 week dating scan they go by doctors dating which leaves me confused had complications with last birth and was hoping for a elected c section and sterilisation at same time but now left not knowing where I stand ????

Thingymaboob Wed 21-Jun-17 14:41:07

But shouldn't you be offered the 12 week screening for chromosome problems like measuring the nuchal fold? So they're saying that they only do the 20 week scan? That can't be right!

Mrshoward2003 Wed 21-Jun-17 15:08:22

I'm assuming that yes but nothing about a 20 week scan has even been mentioned the woman from Birmingham women's said this morning that they are full for what they think is my expected due date so would have to refer me to another hospital??

Thingymaboob Wed 21-Jun-17 15:12:38

That's ridiculous as they have absolutely no idea what your due date is!

Thingymaboob Wed 21-Jun-17 15:15:37

There's obviously been a miscommunication somewhere. You don't know how far along you are, you've not been offered a 12 week scan even though they think you're 12 weeks, they've said they're full on your EDD even though no one has any idea when that is...?

Thingymaboob Wed 21-Jun-17 15:18:03

They do a 12 week scan at Birmingham women's.
Here's the link:
http://www.bwnft.nhs.uk/services/maternity-2/your-ante-natal-care/your-scan

Alcea Wed 21-Jun-17 15:28:46

Can you not just go for a private scan somewhere in the mean time?

It would kill me not to know how many weeks pregnant I am. You could possibly be quite far along in your second trimester by now if you only had light bleeding all those months ago.

mortificado Wed 21-Jun-17 15:30:21

I'm under the women's and they do a 12 week dating scan.
I'm booked in for next week

Mrshoward2003 Wed 21-Jun-17 15:35:26

I thought it was ridiculous knew they did as a friend had baby 12 months ago and she was under Birmingham women's thanks all will update post after I speak to doctors again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now