Talk

Advanced search

Do I find out the sex?

(6 Posts)
SparkleTea Mon 15-May-17 10:07:14

Long time lurker, first time poster!
I am currently 20 weeks pregnant and having my scan tomorrow, I am unsure whether to find out the sex of our baby.

I always thought I didn't want to find out but I have been struggling with hyperemesis and feel quite disinterested in my pregnancy. I have always wanted to be a mum but I have been suffering from 6weeks including having to stay in hospital twice. I have also now been diagnosed as depressed due to the effect hyperemesis has had.

My family think I should find out give me something to focus on and help me feel more connected to the baby. I don't know what to do, what if I still feel the same? What if it makes it worse?
Any help or advise would be great!

SandysMam Mon 15-May-17 10:10:34

Yes I totally agree! It makes you feel like the little person is more real. Unless you have a preference and may be disappointed? If so wait until the birth as then whatever you have you will be delighted with!
Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes ok OP, take it easy and try to enjoy it if you can (in between the puking!). All the best.

SparkleTea Tue 16-May-17 08:40:53

Thank you Sandysmum!!smile

pineapplesquash Tue 16-May-17 08:54:09

There is the argument that there are few surprises left in life but I personally found it a good thing to know my baby's sex in advance. It's definitely helped me connect with the little person in there. Good luck with your pregnancy!

ScarletForYa Tue 16-May-17 08:56:26

I would and I did. Enjoyed knowing and felt more real.

tissuesosoft Tue 16-May-17 08:59:39

I was in the exact situation as you OP, HG and beginning signs of depression, I also had zero bump all pregnancy, I lost 1.5 stone during pregnancy and no one could tell I was pregnant! We decided to find out the sex and then went shopping afterwards and picked out her first outfit. Made it so much more real especially when choosing names. I would lie in bed after a severe vomiting episode talking to her, trying out different names and picturing what she looks like. Good luck with the scan and enjoy it! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now