Talk

Advanced search

CVS at St. Mary's Hospital London

(6 Posts)
Alina2307 Tue 04-Apr-17 10:54:04

Hi girls. I am 10 weeks pregnant and on Thursday I have to book my CVS at St. Mary Hospital in London.
Has any of you had a CVS done there? Do you know anything about the consultants that are doing the test there? I am terrified about this test and the waiting after it. Would you say that if I book the test at 13 weeks and 3 day would be late?
Please, any experience would be helpful.

FamilySpartan Tue 04-Apr-17 12:18:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SarahOoo Tue 04-Apr-17 20:49:37

I had mine at Kings back in October. The CVS can be done at around the time you are having it, mine was at 12 + 6 on my last period but on the adjusted date they gave me from the scan it was 13 + 5.

You will be in very good hands, it's not nice, I hated it but it goes quick. How long did they say the initial results would take? Make sure you take it very easy for a good three days after.

Why are you having the CVS?

amysmummy12345 Tue 04-Apr-17 20:54:17

Not there but I had mine done at Birmingham women's. It's not the nicest procedure to go through, mine was done because I was 1:5 of having a child with Down/Edward/Pateau syndrome. Take it easy after it flowers

DD was perfectly normal by the way and we found out she was a little girl from the test results, all the best OP

Alina2307 Wed 05-Apr-17 09:10:48

Thank you very much for your responses. I will do the test as me and my husband are both carriers of CF. I hope everything will be fine cos right now I'm sooo scared with it all.

amysmummy12345 Wed 05-Apr-17 22:52:57

All the best OP, keep us posted flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now