Talk

Advanced search

Cvs - march 2017

(35 Posts)
whitequeen31 Thu 23-Mar-17 18:35:21

I had a cvs test this week at St. George's .I have been given a 1/90 chance, however, I just need to know and feel that this test will give me the answer I need, this is my second pregnancy MC at 11 weeks last time which mean I have not enjoyed one moment of this pregnancy so far in fear of losing this baby.
The way I feel is it is 2017 and I am having the procedure at an amazing hospital, I feel calm and happy with my choice because I know it will mean I can enjoy my pregnancy if the outcome is positive.

The procedure was done by an amazing surgeon and it was a little bit sore but I felt ok, took about 10 mins and he spent loads of time looking at my baby before hand,
I am 36 and 13 weeks so far, i wanted to share my story as everything I found was over 5 years old-

I will update on the results what ever the outcome to help others

itsnotterrysitsmine Thu 23-Mar-17 21:11:05

I really hope you get a positive result whitequeen. I got 'the call' today from the screening midwives & am going to see them tomorrow to discuss options. At the moment I feel filled with dread & can think about little else.

SarahOoo Thu 23-Mar-17 21:46:01

I had the CVS at Kings in October. You sound like you've got a level head and this is what got us through. We had a clear result with a risk factor of 1:85.

Sending you the absolute best, stay calm and relax and I hope you get your results soon.

If you have any questions please do let me know. Xx

whitequeen31 Fri 24-Mar-17 07:04:33

Itsnotterrysitsmine you say a "call what does this mean ? Did they give you the news over the phone , what was your risk factor ? I am so scared the wait is already killing me, been awake most of the night with worry, my baby looked so perfect on the scan yesterday i am hoping it really is

Sarahooo

Thank you , have you now had your baby ?

SarahOoo Fri 24-Mar-17 08:25:49

Not yet, she is due in two weeks. I've also had a really hard pregnancy (who are these people that love it?!) so it's been a difficult time.

1/90 is 98.8% on the side that everything is fine....that's the way I looked at it. The wait in between was pretty hard going but talking with my mum and husband helped a lot.

Do you know what gave the risk as being 1/90? High NT, bloods?

whitequeen31 Fri 24-Mar-17 10:08:33

All my friends have loved it but I want it to be over already, I guess it's just the test, they did not really say much about the score just said my age would have pushed it up, the behind the neck score was 1.5 so very low, the nasel bone is present and the baby is very active on every scan, I really hope it will be ok but just want it to be Tuesday already..

Good luck for 2 week smile

itsnotterrysitsmine Fri 24-Mar-17 10:27:20

I got a call yesterday saying the results from my initial screening had put me in the high risk category but as yet I've not been told anything else like what my exact risk factor is. At my dating scan the sonography really struggled to get the nuchal measurement as baby wasn't cooperating and got 4 measurements ranging from 2.9mm to 3.4mm so she said she had to submit the highest one. I'm seeing the screening midwives today at 13.00.

whitequeen31 Fri 24-Mar-17 10:47:55

I got that call saying I was high risk and they wanted me to choose over the phone for cvs or the SAFE test, on the fire escape at work was no place to make a choice, the lovely staff at St. George's were amazing and really helped me, I hope the midwife is a good support and the meeting goes well this afternoon, my little was a little rigge bum at the first scan but I hear the movement is a good sign x

SarahOoo Fri 24-Mar-17 11:20:54

Mine was 3.4mm NT and my bloods were half of what they should have been for PAPPa and HCGfree. I'm 32 so this upped my risk factor. I honestly am not entirely convinced about the NHS screening after going through it, next time I will still have it but opt first for the harmony test regardless.

How old are you OP? Request the blood work info from then, this really helped me on my research during the waiting time.

You'll see on mumsnet that many have been through this with many differs risk factors so we're all here to support and chat xx

itsnotterrysitsmine Fri 24-Mar-17 13:33:53

So I'm at a 1 in 55 risk, bhcg is 1.47 & Papp-a 1.79. Main driving factors seem to be age 32, & nuchal measurement of 3.4.

whitequeen31 Fri 24-Mar-17 14:34:02

Did they give you your options ? Mine was higher becauce of my age, I am 36 will be 37 when the baby comes

itsnotterrysitsmine Fri 24-Mar-17 14:57:33

Yeah, they've referred me to Birmingham woman & children's hospital for either CVS (I'm right on the cut off as will be 14 weeks on Monday) or an early amino. Just got to wait for them to ring me with an appointment but have been told will be seen the early part of next week. The waiting is going to be excruciating

whitequeen31 Fri 24-Mar-17 15:51:27

I feel your pain,supposed to be working from home but curled up on the sofa trying to rest and relax, I hope it goes ok for you and they come back to you super quick, I had a 48 hour turn around, test results Tuesday and cvs Thursday , I have almost past the 24 hours after cvs, no pain just feel weak and like I have done 200 sit ups , feel like my midsection is very fragile, but saying that it was not that bad and I got to see baby again which was a treat and I am glad it's done, will keep you posted on my results.

itsnotterrysitsmine Fri 24-Mar-17 16:48:14

Everything crossed for you & wishing you a positive outcome whitequeen. X

whitequeen31 Fri 24-Mar-17 17:31:54

You are in my thoughts, fingers crossed that this tread will have just happy ending x

itsnotterrysitsmine Sat 25-Mar-17 12:25:34

How are you feeling today whitequeen? X

whitequeen31 Sat 25-Mar-17 13:01:59

Feeling ok , stomach still a little sore but nothing to bad, doctor said to rest until Monday,how about you any news ?

itsnotterrysitsmine Sat 25-Mar-17 13:37:34

Nothing yet, screening midwife said if I'd not heard anything by Tuesday to call & they'll chase it up. Pleased to hear you're doing well. X

whitequeen31 Sun 26-Mar-17 23:06:04

Small update and I absolutely can't stand all the unfinished stories on this site, 72 hours have now pasted since Cvs and In myself I feel fine, no pain and no spotting which they said was very common, now the wait continues for the results which they said would be Tuesday..

itsnotterrysitsmine Mon 27-Mar-17 18:10:06

That's really good that you're doing well. Thinking of you whitequeen & sending positive thoughts with you. I'm booked in for Wednesday at 3pm. I'm somewhere between completely bricking myself & just wanting to get it over with

whitequeen31 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:18:57

Good luck, I will be thinking of you , it's only a little uncomfortable and really it's so quick and they use a really high tech scanner so you get a really good look at the baby so enjoy the time, it really is wonderful

fabulous01 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:24:31

I also had cvs. I had it Monday and got results Wednesday. From memory or rather they told me do not sure if correct but hospitals have specific times when if they haven't had results through they can ring guys. My hospital was 4:30 and I got results at 4:35

Good luck with it. Longest days of my life

itsnotterrysitsmine Mon 27-Mar-17 21:41:19

Thank you. That's a really quick turnaround fabulous.
Might sound stupid but what did you wear for the appointment?

fabulous01 Mon 27-Mar-17 22:14:48

Leggings and a top. I didn't want to be faffing around with tights and I don't remember jeans fitting
I do highly recommend reading the literature and not looking at the needle. It is huge so easier to accept that and concentrate something else. I looked at the screen
Ask about timing and how call is made
We told family the wrong day to allow us to deal with whatever news it was

And don't put pressure on yourself. People say what they would and wouldn't do and until you know what the outcome is you don't know what is ahead

Good luck

whitequeen31 Wed 29-Mar-17 09:43:06

Good luck for today , still waiting for my results called yesterday and they said the end of the week !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now