Talk

Advanced search

Single Umbilical Artery advice

(5 Posts)
Warbs20 Wed 08-Mar-17 17:54:59

This is my first post and have been debating whether to post this or not. But has anyone else been diagnosed with SUA (single umbilical artery). Or previously had it / knew someone etc. After some positive stories etc. So no graphed wasn't concerned and was quite blasé about it. Bloods came back low risk and scan went fine. But I Googled (big mistake!).
I just have to go back for growth scan at 32wks but I havent been told anything else. I suppose I am worried due to my age (38) etc. TIA x

Cakeymum Thu 16-Mar-17 14:14:16

Hey. I had this with DS, now 3.5. I also had a colleague who had it, daughter now 4
No issues whatsoever. He was 7.6lb when he was born at 38+4
I was nearly 36 when he was born

My hospital weren't worried at all but I had extra growth scans as I also had GD and it was never mentioned again really.

I was told by the consultant that some hospitals don't even screen for it now as they don't worry. They think the 1 artery just compensates for the missing one.

Warbs20 Thu 16-Mar-17 16:52:18

Thanks. That's reassuring. My daughter was 10 days late andwas a whopper! So maybe growth scans will give me a bit of warning 😁

Sweetheartyparty76 Sun 19-Mar-17 15:12:20

My 4 month baby had this and she was born 6lb13. I had extra growth scans but she was always measuring bang on average. I read that it's classed as just a variation of normal and you needn't worry if there are no other markers x

MsHooliesCardigan Sat 25-Mar-17 11:40:41

DS2 had this. I had a very thorough scan of his heart at around 20 weeks and regular growth scans. He was 10lbs 7oz!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now