Advanced search

If you've had NIPT have you also had the bloods to test for Papp A?

(7 Posts)
kep1979 Sun 26-Feb-17 21:34:43

Title says it all really. Am in the horrid waiting period for Harmony results, but was wondering if I should have the blood tests when offered as how else would I find out if I had low Papp a? So wondered what others had done or were planning?

I had placental problems with ds1 and he was delivered at 37 weeks. Pregnancies two and four were fine (Mc pregnancy three). But I'm nervous about probs again as it was only a fluke that it was picked up with ds1 - ironically he was measuring large!

staceybumble Wed 01-Mar-17 19:39:45

I have also just had harmony test today. Decided that was better than the invasive testing. My downs risk was low but my tri 18/13 is high risk (1:113) due to low hcg (0.23) and Papp-a levels (0.13)
I have been told that even if bloods come back negative, there could still be problems as the blood levels were so low!
Just trying to stay positive that will be ok. There is nothing I can do to affect the outcome so just stay chilled and take it a day at a time! That's harder than it sounds!
Fingers crossed it all come back ok for you!!

Sparklyuggs Sun 12-Mar-17 16:27:26

My hospital said that they'd keep an eye on my measurements and do additional scans if needed as I didn't get tested for PAPP-A.

ADuckNamedSplash Sun 12-Mar-17 20:11:08

Hi - I'm low risk for Downs, Edwards and Patau so have not had NIPT, but I do have low PAPP-A. Nice to find others in the same boat (though obviously it would be nicer if our levels were fine!)

I only found out via a letter a couple of weeks ago and haven't had any ante-natal appointments since, so haven't had chance to speak to anyone about it yet. Hoping midwife can put my mind at ease at the 16 week appointment.

SuziePink Mon 13-Mar-17 19:48:06

I had the usual combined test with the NT at 3.6mm and blood tests which apparently came back with free beta hCG a bit high and PAPP-A a bit low... the midwife wouldn't tell me exactly what that meant though. I was given a 1 in 35 chance of the baby having Down syndrome so I had the IONA test as well which came back as less than 1 in 1 million. I think it's a good idea to have the usual NHS blood tests but bear in mind they are affected by bleeding or recent previous blood tests.

Kikide Wed 15-Mar-17 08:12:19

I got told last wk I was high risk downs 1 in 5 chance my by was normal but my bloods was not hcg of 2.6 and papa 0.29 I'm so worried and cried so much. We decide we would have the serenity test as I was not willing to risk my baby with an amnio I'm currently waiting for my news praying and hoping all is fine but understand it might not be it's causing a lot of upset for me and my hubby as he did not won't me to have NHS blood test to start I feel so guilty I just hope all is well but will be keeping either way wil be loved just the same but I am worried as already have an autistic son who needs lots of care . Plz cross ur fingers for me x

GirlcalledJames Sat 29-Apr-17 19:20:16

Currently 14w, had Harmony at 11w. We decided on that before the pregnancy, not based on the combined test. Dr said that if we had the NIPT there was no point in doing PAPP-A as it was so much less reliable. He did the nuchal translucency though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: