Talk

Advanced search

Antenatal and sick leave

(5 Posts)
danihazell Tue 21-Feb-17 16:07:31

Anyone out there work in HR?

I have my first scan this week and my boss has put this down in my sickness record. I'm pretty certain they can't do this as they have to allow reasonable paid leave for antenatal appointments but would like to check before I question this.

Thanks hmm

esiotrot2015 Tue 21-Feb-17 16:08:17

Definitely doesn't sound right

I'd check with acas

HN42 Tue 21-Feb-17 21:03:54

They definitely cannot mark this in your sickness record. All pregnant women are entitled to paid time off for antenatal appointments and also technically you are allowed to attend pregnancy relaxation classes eg. yoga during work hours and still get paid for it, your boss should not be marking your appointments on your sickness record especially if you've been in work on the day of the appointment.

Even if I get sent home ill from work, that day never actually counts as sickness because I've attended work. The days I was off sick with morning sickness was added to the tally of days I've been off sick in the past 12 months but in normal circumstances I would be on performance management right now but because it's pregnancy related my pregnancy sick days don't actually really count.

SarahOoo Wed 22-Feb-17 18:27:01

HR here and you are correct, this should be paid time off. Send your boss this link....

m.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=5343

What a silly boss....when was a scan sickness?!

danihazell Wed 22-Feb-17 21:16:11

Thank you all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now