Advanced search

1 in 82 chance of downs syndrome.

(12 Posts)
gemgems2214 Tue 14-Feb-17 09:24:16

Hey all. Just looking for some support and some advice regarding my test result.
I am booked in for the harmony test tomorrow at 1830 and i am so nervous about it. I know the odds are in my favour but still feeling so sick with worry. I know the test isn't 100% accurate but cant help feeling something is wrong.

Did anyone have a high risk result and everything end up being okay?

SarahOoo Tue 14-Feb-17 15:29:00

Hi gemgem2214 I did back in October, we had 1 in 85 and we had the CVS and all was clear for chromosome issues.

Was the risk as a result from the combined screening? Blood results and NT?

I have been where you are and it's a really hard limbo time but try and remain level headed if you can, it's still a 98.7% chance that there is no issue 😊

gemgems2214 Tue 14-Feb-17 15:50:08

Hi Sarah.
Im glad your results came back clear.
I had the bloods and the nt. The nt measurement was fine at 2.4mm and then a week later i get a call saying im high risk as bloods have come back.
They offered me the amnio but it doesn't sit well with me and i dont want to disturb baby. We will see what this private test comes back. But seeing you have put it into a % that nothing is wrong has calmed me down.

SarahOoo Tue 14-Feb-17 16:27:20

You are doing the right thing by having the Harmony test first, we were caught up in it all and just went with what they said first which was to have the CVS. In hindsight I'd have had the Harmony first as the worry of miscarriage after really was a heavy burden (although a very small chance).

I'm very glad my experience has helped you calm down, there are experiences on here with it going both ways but many of them are without chromosome issues. I found the old chats on it very helpful. Our NT was 3.4mm and our bloods half of what they should have been for everything.

How long will the Harmony test results take?

gemgems2214 Thu 16-Feb-17 21:59:37

Yeah i pined over the invasive tests but everyone kept saying dont do it and i dont think i could of anyway. Yeah I've read through a few, just annoys me how my scan was fine but they ring me a week later to put this storm over me.
About 7 workings days so looking at Friday next week at the latest.. But at least ill find out baby gender either way smile

SarahOoo Thu 16-Feb-17 22:55:35

The combined screening is the scan and the bloods combined so unfortunately in some areas you have to wait for the bloods a little later. We were at Kings College so got the results an hour later.

I hope they come through quicker for you, do update here and the best of luck x

Daytona79 Thu 16-Feb-17 23:00:04

My sister has 1 in 20 and got a cv all was well and my niece is now 6 years old

CointreauVersial Thu 16-Feb-17 23:00:19

1 in 80 chance, had CVS, all clear. DS now a hulking, healthy 17yo.

ToDuk Thu 16-Feb-17 23:03:20

Did anyone have a high risk result and everything end up being okay?

Yes, me. My result was 1 in 52. We chose not to have further testing as we weren't planning to do anything differently although at the next scan they were very thorough to check markers like the nose and couple of other things which I've forgotten now. Dd is 9 now and absolutely fine.

gemgems2214 Thu 23-Feb-17 16:34:00

Hey just to update you all.. Had my results today. All 1/10,000 risk for all three conditions and im having a little girl. Finally can relax and enjoy my pregnancy. 16 weeks today yay smile xxxx

CointreauVersial Thu 23-Feb-17 21:29:17

What a relief for you! smile

SarahOoo Fri 24-Feb-17 08:29:11

That's great news 😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: