Talk

Advanced search

Combined Downs/ Edwards/ Patau Test results

(5 Posts)
Fcukthetww Wed 21-Dec-16 19:48:56

I've just had a call from my midwife to say my results from the combined testing is in. Risk of 1/100000 for Edwards and Patau but a beta HCG level of 6.47 MoMs which is apparently too high to enter into their form so they've assessed the Downs risk based on a level of 5.0.... anyone have any ideas as to what this means for my baby? I have to go in tomorrow morning to see the consultant and I'm utterly terrified. Nuchal fold scan level was within normal range as well.

SarahOoo Wed 21-Dec-16 22:34:19

They'll probably need to re-test.

Sometimes and not always at all, a higher HCG free can suggest T21 (Down's Syndrome). However please be aware, many others and myself included had an increased risk of all three Ts from the NT and the blood results and after a CVS/Amnio or Harmony test the results have been clear. The fact the NT was within normal range is a very positive sign. Best of luck xx

Dilligaf81 Wed 21-Dec-16 22:37:43

I had a scan and the nuchal fold was massive, the bloods came back as a 1/8 risk and then we had the amnio which came back clear. Sorry i cant tell you more but just want you to know it can be ok. We still were regularly scanned and under a consultant as they said it was all indicating an issue. She was born a day after her due date at 10lb 1oz, happy and healthy. Good luck xx

Fcukthetww Thu 22-Dec-16 04:21:34

Thanks both, it's just a bit scary especially out of the blue xx

Dilligaf81 Thu 22-Dec-16 11:45:28

With mine it was dc4 and i was so blase about the scan so it was a massive shock. The whole pregnancy went from one problem to the next so much so that if it was my first i dont kbow i could go through it again. Have you got a good friend IRL to talk to ? We didnt tell anyone other than my best mate and ot was a lifeline as we had to discuss things we didnt ever think we would and not a lot of time to make decisions. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now