Low PAPP-A

(9 Posts)
Jaq2014 Fri 21-Oct-16 19:34:16

First baby, just had 12 week scan and found my Papp-a to be 0.044 obviously I know that's low (having the Harmony screening done) but has anyone else had such a low reading?? Trying not to panic....

SarahMOs Sat 22-Oct-16 08:45:15

I had a low PAPPa along with other issues and we had the CVS, all came back clear. I think mine was 0.46 or something. which hospital are you at?

KittyandTeal Sat 22-Oct-16 12:37:25

I had a reading of 0.008 with dd2. She had iugr at first which later turned out to be a symptom of edwards.

I was looked after by one of the hospitals looking into low Papp a and low growth. More commonly it is just one of those things and it is linked to low birth weight. It is, as you know, one of the early markers for T13 and T18 though.

Jaq2014 Sat 22-Oct-16 13:25:19

I'm at Medway hospital, SarahMOs.

SarahMOs Tue 25-Oct-16 21:09:57

Over in Kent then, I'm close to Kent actually. Have you had the Harmony test done yet?

NutellaCookie Thu 03-Nov-16 19:47:10

I have low papp-a which meant we were high risk for downs. Had the NIPT test and everything is fine. However, as PP said, there is a link to low birth weight too so I am having regular growth scans. Also taking asprin daily. Everything seems okay so far...baby isn't massive but neither am I, so they don't seem overly concerned.

My consultant has said they probably won't let me go further than 40 weeks, possibly less but she is yet to decide on this.

Coi123 Thu 03-Nov-16 20:54:22

I had low PappA and this turned out to be a symptom of DS. I was told by the midwife at the the time that low PappA can mean alot of things and often nothing to worry about.

hashtagtubechat Tue 15-Nov-16 20:45:52

I have this too, mine came back at 0.05. I have regular scans and so far everything is ok. I'm 22 weeks, she is on the smaller side but so far developed normally. I was told yesterday there is a notch on one of the arteries and this can indicate preeclampsia and IUGR so for now I'm taking my aspirin and keeping my fingers tightly crossed. Having another growth scan in 3 weeks, although i was told i will be closely monitored right at the start because of AI condition. Good luck

triggy80 Sun 20-Nov-16 21:15:43

I had low Papp a (in Kent too) at 0.18. Resulted in extra scans to monitor growth. Had very long 7lb 12oz healthy baby boy. These things are very scary as not much information around but it's not always an indicator of something negative, positive thoughts going out to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now