Talk

Advanced search

What does Nipt score looks like and is it more accurate than nhs combined screening

(4 Posts)
hopeful31yrs Sat 22-Oct-16 21:32:30

I was given a risk of 1:56000 for downs when I was initially given a 1:5 for downs with NHS screening. That was the highest risk I had. So yes, it does give a much better idea of the actual risk. I had NIFTY test and although the clinic got these numbers my final written report only stated "low" risk but they told me the actual numbers verbally.

KittyandTeal Tue 18-Oct-16 18:32:05

Yes much more accurate. You still get a risk ratio but basically 1:10000 is a negative and a high risk is very, very (almost positively) likely to be a positive screen.

You can get a medium risk score but it's fairly rare.

ARC have a really good page on their website that clearly explains nipt tests.

babynelly2010 Tue 18-Oct-16 17:55:33

Also to add I am 15 weeks right now

OP’s posts: |
babynelly2010 Tue 18-Oct-16 17:52:48

Hi, my score is not high risk from nhs test, it is 1:4000 for downs and 1:100000 for other things that they test. I am not highly worried because i've been told that this is a very good score and I should not worry. I am 36 and have 2 other children, one born when I 30 and the other when I was 33. They risk scores were significantly less. Because we have 2 other children I found myself really worried about the test result. My questions,
Is Nipt more acurate than nhs test for downs?
What do the nipt risk scores look like? I read that it can lot go lower than 1:10000. Is it true?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in