Advanced search

Has anyone NOT mc? :(

(18 Posts)
TTC1985 Mon 19-Sep-16 20:25:11

Hi everyone

I've had a little bleeding at the weekend and have a subsequent emergency scan first thing tomorrow...

I'm trying to find positives but it seems EVERYONE on here has mc and all I see are sad stories of everything being ok at scans 7/8/10+ weeks and then 1 or more mc!

While this is incredible sad and I'm hoping I am a lucky one, I can't help but feel this is a drastically disproportionate representation when after hearing a heartbeat around 8 wks you have 95+% chance to continue for example?

Does everyone mc at least once? sad it really seems like it from this website, and it's really concerning me and making me feel so sad for all affected

WhatsGoingOnEh Mon 19-Sep-16 20:28:45

I have 2 DC and I haven't ever had a miscarriage. I had bleeding with Ds2, a really scary amount, but everything was fine.

I thought, statistically, MC were rarer than successful pregnancies?

I'd say please don't worry, but sadly motherhood IS worry right from the very start! Fingers crossed and lots of love for both of you.

Dazedandconfusedtoomuchpeppa Mon 19-Sep-16 20:34:42

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I bled throughout my first trimester and into the second. I had a light bleed/ "period" the first 3 months and a heavier bleed later. For me the pregnancy ended in a healthy baby so it is definitely possible. I really hope you get good mess tomorrow flowers

TTC1985 Mon 19-Sep-16 20:35:15

Thanks so much for the response and well wishes. Yes they are less likely than healthy (20-25% chance of mc, 80-75% chance ok) which is why I'm so concerned and sad to read everyone here saying they had mc and often more than once sad

Looking at a scan thread and half the commenters had lost after given the ok at various weeks. I'm not sure whether more people just don't really make a point to say they were ok but it'd sure put anxious mothers-to-be at ease.

So heartbreaking to see so many losses like it's just normal and common.

Now I think even if I get a heartbeat etc tomorrow I still will worry! (I know, I know, welcome to motherhood, TTC1985 wink)

TTC1985 Mon 19-Sep-16 20:35:57

Thanks so much dazed smile

SprogletsMum Mon 19-Sep-16 20:36:12

I'm pregnant with my 4th, touch wood no miscarriages here.

TTC1985 Mon 19-Sep-16 20:41:12

Wow 4th congrats! smile I'd really like 2 at least, fate allowing!

My sister and mum had no mc (mum 3dc, sister 2dc), I wonder if there is anything at all that means I am a touch less likely because of that. I'm not sure...just hopeful!

Swirlingasong Mon 19-Sep-16 20:41:51

It is a disproportionate representation. Miscarriage is very common, but it is unlikely, if you have sailed through pregnancy, that you will come onto mn and read and comment on threads about mc or other pregnancy worries so the internet gives a skewed idea.

FWIW, I have been both the lucky one (bleeding, but perfectly healthy baby now at school) and the unlucky one, but I know plenty of people who have never miscarried and IRL this seems more the norm to me.

I really hope all is well for you, I know how horrible this wait is.

YorkieDorkie Mon 19-Sep-16 20:45:33

None for me, as far as I'm aware! Positivity is so important. flowers

TTC1985 Mon 19-Sep-16 20:47:24

Thanks so much swirlingasong I'm so sorry for your loss, and pleased that you were also lucky.

I suppose we tend to talk more about problems than when things are fine, I just felt/feel so emotional for everyone who faced these odds and didn't get favourable results.

Could mean I'm still normally pregnant if I'm so easily in tears!! winkgrin although the subject is obviously very sad to begin with

bigfriendlygiant Mon 19-Sep-16 20:50:39

My mum and two sisters haven't ever miscarried.

I have one child and am pregnant. Have had two miscarriages. I bled at 7 weeks with my DC, had a scan and heard his heartbeat for the first time... Just the very start of the life long worry he's going to cause me!!

nousernames Mon 19-Sep-16 20:56:16

I've never miscarried either. During my first pregnancy I was so worried about it that I had a screen shot on my phone showing the likelihood of a the pregnancy continuing with each month.

Twodogsandahooch Mon 19-Sep-16 21:01:01

I have MC'd, but the pregnancy I bled in the most was successful

WanderingTrolley1 Mon 19-Sep-16 21:04:54

I have 3 children, have never miscarried.

TTC1985 Mon 19-Sep-16 21:16:53

Thanks all for the responses, I guess it really is the luck of the draw. I'll just cross my fingers until he/she arrives...and then again for the first year, the second, the third.... smile

GraceGrape Mon 19-Sep-16 21:20:57

I've been fortunate never to miscarry. I also had an early bleed and a scan at 5 weeks which showed an empty sac. It all turned out fine in the end. I think with early testing, people are more likely to be aware of early miscarriages these days.

TTC1985 Tue 20-Sep-16 14:13:58

I wrote a big message and then it crashed on my phone haha so I'll keep it short...

Baby is fine!!! Had my scan, and burst into tears like a crazy person when I see it in there. And then the heartbeat!! Sooo clear and strong :D she didn't tell me the numbers but I'm just happy to see he's 1) in there 2) correct size (bit bigger actually!) and 3) the heart is beating <3

My risk is now about 2-5% right?? I'll take that!!!

Jolana123 Thu 24-Nov-16 00:27:40

Hey guys I needs some advice please,,right I found out last week that I'm pregnant after I done two pregnancy test Tesco brand which both were positive. Few days later I done other one clear blue and was positive again showing 1-2 weeks which makes me 3-4 weeks pregnant. This week Friday I had bit of spotting after sex which lasted only hour. Monday when I woke up went to toilet and there was more spotting which started brown later on pink and than bright red with few clots and some kind of rubber like tissues,this wasn't heavy bleeding only seen it after I wiped. So I rang my midwife and she arranged early scan following morning. Had my scan and they couldn't see anything so they did internal and again nothing,no pregnancy apparently. Had blood taking that day and needs to have other one in 48 hours to see how high are my hormone levels. Few hours after this scan I decided to do another pregnancy test again which this time came back negative,,,I'm so confused,flustered and heart broken,,can anyone help or reply if they experienced the same,,thank u 😢😢😢

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now