harmony at fmc

(5 Posts)
Mrswoofy Tue 21-Jun-16 16:43:57

Hi

I'm about to turn 45 and I'm 10 weeks pregnant so I'm terrified about the trisomy risks. I'm booked in for the harmony test on Friday at the fmc. I went there for DS about 2.5 years ago and the first time they didn't have enough baby dna and then the second time it was borderline for enough Dna and they said it was positive for Edwards but then it turned out to be a 4% probability and DS was absolutely fine.

So my question is does anyone know if the test has improved in the last couple of years?

I really want to know I'll know either way when I go back for the results in 2 weeks.

Thanks!

KittyandTeal Tue 21-Jun-16 18:16:31

I had the harmony at fmc and it gave me a very clear negative screen for all 3 trisomies.

Ds later died but his pm confirmed there were no structural or chromosomal abnormalities so it seems to be a bit more accurate now.

Mrswoofy Wed 22-Jun-16 08:05:24

I'm so sorry to hear about you're little one.

KittyandTeal Wed 22-Jun-16 08:36:03

Thanks.

Have you had the harmony already? I called them a week later and got my negative screen over the phone

Mrswoofy Wed 22-Jun-16 09:05:24

Wow I didn't know you could find out earlier! I'm having the test on Friday morning

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now