nuchal scan

(4 Posts)
cally0 Thu 10-Mar-16 21:33:55

Hi all,

I've got my first scan booked in and I will be 13 weeks 4 days. I will be having the nuchal scan.

I've been reading up on this scan and the cut off is 13 weeks 6 days.

Should I be worried that I'm having the scan so late? All dates of pregnancy are estimated so I could even be 13.6 on the day of my scan!

Getting worried as I've read the later you do the test the less accurate the results

Anyone else have a similar thing happen? Or know if I should / shouldn't worry?

Thanks!

Xx

daluze Thu 10-Mar-16 23:09:34

Congratulations!
Unless you have another dating scan before, you canot be sure of the dates and there is a risk that the scan will be too late for nuchal translucency screening. If possible at all, I would try to rearrange it a bit earlier. If you miss a cut off for NT, they will offer you second trimester screening from blood (quad test), which is a bit less sensitive to detect trisomies.
Hope all goes well!

cally0 Fri 11-Mar-16 11:39:25

Thanks for your reply, I'm going to get in touch with them today and try to change the date! Xx

Dua2016 Sat 09-Apr-16 07:35:41

Hi had my 20 week scan where my babies nuchal fold was 7.3, they then referrd me to foetal medicine where they did another scan and nuchal fold had reached to 10.7mm. I'm so worried. I have a genetic disorder however nuchal fold is nothing linked to it. The babies measurements of heart, head, kidney, face etc are all fine it's just this one nuchal measurement that is concerning! I now need to decide if I want to go with amnio test. The consultant said it could be what you have or it could be nothing! I'm so worried, major head ache and can't sleep any advise ? Thank you in advance x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now