Talk

Advanced search

Reversed A wave/flow with MCMA twins

(1 Post)
Clarej123 Thu 31-Dec-15 22:49:11

Hello everyone,

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas. We are having MCMA twins, I'm 17 weeks pregnant. Today we went for a scan at UCHL in London. We have been told that one of the twins has - 'DV reversed A wave' which could could be temporary, if not it could be an early sign of fetal hemodynamics Disbalance.
The hospital gave us no information on the risks or what it is and I'm not getting very far on Google except that it could be a soft marker for down syndrome or a heart defect.
Has anyone had any experience of this? We have to go back for a scan in 5 days, which isn't that long but I am so worried about the situation as I don't really understand how bad this could be.
We have seen a few forums on here saying they had reversed A flow too but it was found at 12 weeks and it is corrected itself by 20 weeks. I'm not sure if it's bad to only find it at 17 weeks. We've had scans at 12 and 14 weeks and it wasn't detected.
Also only 1 twin has it yet our twins are identical so they are suppose to match each physically.

Thank you for listening!
X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now