Talk

Advanced search

Oc in pregnancy stories please

(5 Posts)
Shock123 Thu 17-Dec-15 13:00:57

Hi I am 29 weeks pregnant and being tested for oc, I had my first lot of blood tests done last week they came back bile acid reading of 1 then 5 days later had same test and that came back as bile acid level 4 I have just had more taken today so waiting on results for them but my question is has any one had these test done before and started off with a low number like mine then has gone on to getting high levels if so how many weeks did it take to get a diagnosis and for the test to come back high
Any help would be great full thanks

Shock123 Sun 20-Dec-15 19:41:26

THanks for all the replies people!!!!

honeysucklejasmine Sun 20-Dec-15 19:44:44

What is OC?

CuppaTandCake Tue 22-Dec-15 20:37:20

Obstetric Cholestasis! Have you looked on FB for the support group? My best friend was a sufferer in all three pregnancies, though sadly I don't understand the levels enough to give any useful advice.

kamillaw Tue 29-Dec-15 10:07:37

I'm not sure what those levels mean. I always thought bile acids had to be over 14? Maybe they have changed testing. Had it in both pregnancies. If you have it, it will be a combination of meds, extra monitoring and probably induction @ 37/38 weeks but it doesn't spell horror automatically. Both my inductions have been fine resulting in normal delivery. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now