Talk

Advanced search

Will I be offered a repeat 12 week scan if too early for nuchal measurements?

(5 Posts)
StarGazingNow Sun 22-Nov-15 14:10:38

My periods are really erratic and I am worried that my 12 week scan will show that I am too early for the nuchal measurements to be taken but I am worried that a repeat scan won't be offered and my results will be based on blood tests alone. I am 37, so I really want the most detailed results possible.

With my last baby, I was told that if I had come in a day earlier I would have been too early for the measurement and they would have relied on bloods alone. Does anyone know if a repeat scan is given considering my age or would I have to go privately?

Mulligrubs Sun 22-Nov-15 14:18:59

Yes, my periods were erratic, they insisted going by my last period date so they believed I'd be 12+2 at the scan even though I knew I'd be 10 weeks (we only had sex once that month). At scan I was 10+1 so too early for the measurements so they booked me back in for just over 2 weeks later to get the measurements smile. They just offered me a furthee scan, if they don't offer another I would insist and would be speaking to the supervisor of midwives.

StarGazingNow Sun 22-Nov-15 14:31:49

That's a huge relief. Thank you. smile

amysmummy12345 Sun 22-Nov-15 14:34:04

I was booked for mine and turns out I was only 9 weeks, they just re booked me for three weeks further along x

PurpleThermalsNowItsWinter Sun 22-Nov-15 18:33:49

I was invited back for one more scan but they couldn't do it because of the way the baby was laying. Staff were apologetic but wouldn't/couldn't rebook due to workloads.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: