Talk

Advanced search

Will I be offered a repeat 12 week scan if too early for nuchal measurements?

(5 Posts)
StarGazingNow Sun 22-Nov-15 14:10:38

My periods are really erratic and I am worried that my 12 week scan will show that I am too early for the nuchal measurements to be taken but I am worried that a repeat scan won't be offered and my results will be based on blood tests alone. I am 37, so I really want the most detailed results possible.

With my last baby, I was told that if I had come in a day earlier I would have been too early for the measurement and they would have relied on bloods alone. Does anyone know if a repeat scan is given considering my age or would I have to go privately?

Mulligrubs Sun 22-Nov-15 14:18:59

Yes, my periods were erratic, they insisted going by my last period date so they believed I'd be 12+2 at the scan even though I knew I'd be 10 weeks (we only had sex once that month). At scan I was 10+1 so too early for the measurements so they booked me back in for just over 2 weeks later to get the measurements smile. They just offered me a furthee scan, if they don't offer another I would insist and would be speaking to the supervisor of midwives.

StarGazingNow Sun 22-Nov-15 14:31:49

That's a huge relief. Thank you. smile

amysmummy12345 Sun 22-Nov-15 14:34:04

I was booked for mine and turns out I was only 9 weeks, they just re booked me for three weeks further along x

PurpleThermalsNowItsWinter Sun 22-Nov-15 18:33:49

I was invited back for one more scan but they couldn't do it because of the way the baby was laying. Staff were apologetic but wouldn't/couldn't rebook due to workloads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now