Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Harmony screening Leicester or Nottingham clinics advice needed!

(3 Posts)
Everythingstaken Thu 15-Oct-15 09:09:12

Hello ladies, I need your help! I received the results from my combined screening at 12 weeks and am high risk 1-15. Yesterday I was talked through the various options I have regarding further testing and one of the options suggested was the Harmony test. This is not available on the NHS in my area so yesterday I was looking into clinics in my local area, Leicester, Nottingham and Peterborough are the nearest cities. The one thing worrying me is that nobody can endorse where to go for this test, I am worried I am basing a very important test and a costly one mainly on the way the clinic presents themselves on a website and he professionalism of the receptionist when I call them! I would really appreciate any recommendations if you have been through this process already. Thank you.

tractorgirl123 Fri 30-Oct-15 22:05:35

Bit far for you probably but I went to Babyvision in Shrewsbury who were really good?

CityMole Fri 06-Nov-15 17:31:10

Lots of clinics carry out the Harmony test scans and take the blood. however, I am fairly certain that all of the blood samples- whether they are gathered in Glasgow or Glamorgan, end up getting sent to the same lab in London for analysis, which is a lab that has been approved by the test developer, Ariosa diagnostics. So- if you trust the clinic to take your blood properly and get it to the lab safely, then that's all you really need to ask of them. I would go for one that is convenient to travel to, and where the person on the 'phone sounds helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now