Talk

Advanced search

HCG levels

(3 Posts)
Ashleyjane14 Tue 04-Aug-15 12:42:04

Hi everyone. I recently discovered I'm pregnant (about 6 weeks gone) but had brown spotting so was sent for an early scan. Scan showed something dating at 4 weeks but they can't quite tell what it is yet (if it is developing I mean). So I had some bloods done on thurs for my hcg levels which came back at 1053. I had them repeated on sun and they came back at 1500. Doctor isn't happy as they aren't doubling so I'm having more done today. He said if they don't hit 2500 after this test, then we'll have to see what to do next. I know everyone's levels are different but surely they should wait at least two weeks and scan me again before saying I've miscarried?! I've read so many stories on the Internet that people's levels don't start doubling till 6-7 weeks, how can they say I've miscarried at 4 weeks when the levels are slowly rising?! It's not like they're staying still or dropping. Has anyone ever been in this situation? I am also convinced I should be 6 weeks due to the dates of my last period. I'm going mad and don't want them to give up after a third blood test and one scan sad

KittyandTeal Tue 04-Aug-15 12:50:56

I'm sorry I have no experience. Have you also posted on the miscarriage board? I know your not having a mc but the ladies over there are lovely and I'm sure someone there will have some better advise than me.

Ashleyjane14 Tue 04-Aug-15 12:52:56

Ah thank you I'll post it in there too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now