Talk

Advanced search

Slow movements at 20 week scan

(6 Posts)
Christmasbaby2015 Fri 31-Jul-15 20:33:03

We went for our 20 week scan today and they've said they are concerned about the fluid levels and the baby is not really moving. I had to go for a walk and a snack during the scan to hope it moved but only a little. I now have to go back next week for a further scan and a chat with the consultant.

Has anyone else had these issues?

Christmasbaby2015 Fri 31-Jul-15 20:34:35

Also to add we were pregnant with identical twins but unfortunately lost one at 17 weeks after being diagnosed with TTTS and having the laser surgery.

Swishyswashy Sat 01-Aug-15 17:32:50

I don't know the answer to this, but I hope things go ok. We have a lovely son with a serious genetic condition- I had lack of movement a lot towards the end of pregnancy but scans were all normal, so no experience of lack of movement in scan. I do know that babies are sometimes very still in scans but that it can mean nothing untoward. I really hope things turn out well and they are able to relieve your worry, especially under horrible circumstances of losing one twin. Hopefully they are just being extra cautious because of this. Good luck.

Christmasbaby2015 Sat 01-Aug-15 20:41:11

Thank you �� Its hard to remain positive when we are constantly getting knocked back but will keep willing this baby to pull though x

TheDisillusionedAnarchist Sat 01-Aug-15 20:57:38

I have am expecting a baby girl with trisomy 18 who is very quiet generally and poor fetal movements are associated with some genetic conditions but on the other hand I worked with a woman who had no fetal movements and a very inactive baby on the many scans she had. They suspected all kinds of anomalies but when she was born there were no issues. I hope it works out that way for you.

Notfrickinpossible Mon 10-Aug-15 20:26:32

My 2year old never moved on any of the multiple scans I had. I was in about 8 times from 30 weeks for monitoring due to reduced fetal movements. Ended up with an EMCS due to his lack of movements. The cause - I have a big lazy boy. He is perfectly healthy just very chilled out. I really hope this is true for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now