Talk

Advanced search

Obstetric Cholestasis - When is it not just itching?

(6 Posts)
speedbird17 Fri 19-Dec-14 10:44:27

Suffered badly from itching last pg, but only from 28ish weeks...

This time around from 14 weeks I have had really itchy skin, and it's at the point now where everywhere is covered in scans as I am itching so much in my sleep. Do I need to get checked out? I am 17+5 today and it is just getting unbearable!!

meditrina Fri 19-Dec-14 10:46:23

Yes, if you are itchy all over, you need to be assessed as a matter of some urgency. Can you get an appointment before the weekend?

speedbird17 Fri 19-Dec-14 11:12:25

No, most likely not. My mw answer their phone messages 'within 48 hours' and surgery is closed here at 12 on a Friday (Somerset). Only other option is travelling 45 minutes to A&E but surely that would just be silly?

FelixFelixNavidad Fri 19-Dec-14 11:24:11

Can you ring the antenatal ward at the hospital? They should be able to advise you. If it's OC you'll need to be seen to straight away, so it's worth getting checked out ASAP.

speedbird17 Fri 19-Dec-14 11:36:30

Ok will do, pretty sure they don't see anyone under 24 weeks. Will give them a call!

FelixFelixNavidad Fri 19-Dec-14 11:50:31

Sorry not sure if that's the case, but it's worth a try and they should be able to advise you regardless. It's better than waiting for your MW to get back to you smile hope you get sorted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now