Talk

Advanced search

Those that have had the Harmony Package at FMC?

(11 Posts)
Tranquilitybaby Sun 16-Nov-14 16:59:00

If you had your harmony blood test done at 10 isn't weeks, did you get a phone call with your results prior to going back at 12 weeks for your second appointment?

Thanks

Aghaidh Sun 16-Nov-14 17:01:10

I had mine back in June/July, and I didn't get the results until I went back for the second appointment. Good luck with yours!

TotleighTowers Sun 16-Nov-14 20:08:19

You usually get them back when you go back for the twelve week scan, but I got anxious and kept calling them up from about 8 working days after the blood test - they finally got the results back 12 days after the test, and phoned me as soon as they came through. They were very kind and patient with me.

Tranquilitybaby Sun 16-Nov-14 22:44:34

Thank you, I was hoping if they came in before my 12 week appointment that they might phone me. Suffering with anxiety and being in limbo isn't a good combination! X

CrispyFB Mon 17-Nov-14 11:17:40

They give you the results at the NT scan when you come back. The cynic in me wonders if they do that to make sure you do come back so they have the data from the NT scan to go along with the Harmony result but it could just be practicality.

Having said that, if the results did come in earlier there is no harm in ringing a few days before to ask if they're there and if you can have them yet. Don't ask, don't get I suppose!

eurochick Mon 17-Nov-14 11:18:50

I got the results at the second appointment.

Tranquilitybaby Wed 19-Nov-14 07:56:13

Thank you x

iwantkhaleesiseyebrows Tue 02-Dec-14 17:47:52

Tranquility - I had harmony package 12 days ago. I tried calling yesterday for results and they weren't in. I called again today and was told the doctor would give me the results at my 12 week scan- this literally made me poop myself with fear that it meant they'd come in high risk. I relayed my worries and after being put on hold (which felt like forever) the receptionist came back and said she can't tell me my results but could tell me not to worry and it's good news.

I would advise not calling and waiting for your 12 week scan. It seems to be their policy to not give results from 10 week harmony package over phone.The only reason I called was because I have delayed my nuchal until I'm 13 weeks so a more detailed scan for structural problems can be seen (due up history).

Good luck with your results.

iwantkhaleesiseyebrows Tue 02-Dec-14 17:48:26

To not up

minipie Tue 02-Dec-14 18:06:40

I got the results at the 12 week scan. I got the impression they wouldn't want to give them to me earlier, even if available, because it wasn't the complete picture - as Harmony only covers the 3 trisomies whereas scan can (rarely) show other problems - so if they tell you harmony is clear that might be falsely reassuring iyswim?

Tranquilitybaby Thu 04-Dec-14 12:20:18

Great news that you have good news iwant! So pleased.

Thanks mini, you're right, I've managed nearly a week of my 2ww and it's been fine. After such a good 10 week scan I'm quietly optimistic for next week. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now