Advanced search

I want to ask about a specific consultant in Surrey but I am not sure of internet ettiquette

(3 Posts)
Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Mon 15-Aug-11 09:12:49

Can I ask about a specific specialist on this forum? I am being referred to her because I am high risk and want to undergo CVS testing.

Endogirl Mon 15-Aug-11 09:40:28

Hi Alli. I'm not too sure about being specific as I'm new on here but I'm sure one of the other ladies will be along soon who can answer.

Are you worried about how competent they are? You can ask the hospital how many cvs procedures she/he undertakes and how often and also what their % of mc risk is. I think the norm is 1-1.5% but the hospital I went to has a massive maternity unit and their's was 0.7% due to the high number they perform.

I hope that helps a little bit. xxxxx

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Mon 15-Aug-11 09:57:37

Thanks, Endogirl. Yes, I am wondering how competent and experienced she is so thanks for your advice!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: