Talk

Advanced search

amnio tomorrow...bit nervous

(9 Posts)
pipoca Tue 30-Nov-10 19:36:46

got an amnio tomorrow after a 1 in 68 risk of Downs due to high HcG and low PAPP-A on my triple screening. Bit nervous about it all and the aftermath. Soothing words anyone?

littleshinyone Tue 30-Nov-10 19:41:07

well, it would be wrong if you were cool and calm about it all....

i know they'll be used to dealing with worried women, and will get you through it as smoothly as possible.

good luck, we'll be thinking of you...

Sparklies Tue 30-Nov-10 21:56:41

Good luck! Will be interested to hear your results - I have very similar numbers but declined the testing (long story - there are additional factors to consider in my case) and am 17 weeks and waiting it out.

Hope it goes great!

sammac Tue 30-Nov-10 22:08:15

Keep calm, write down any questions that are in your mind now, as you'll forget them in the heat of the moment. Don't be afraid to ask for more information, and remember that the 'odds' are on your side. I was told to have one because of my age and just skip the earlier tests as they would show up high risk. It eased the second half of the pregnancy worrywise.

pipoca Wed 01-Dec-10 11:49:41

Amnio done and was fine, didn't hurt. Saw the baby move and heard the heartbeat afterwards which was reassuring. Now just have to wait til next Friday for results.

Sparklies Wed 01-Dec-10 14:45:36

Glad to hear it went well! Keeping everything crossed for your results.

jaabaar Wed 01-Dec-10 18:02:26

Just a line to let you know I will be crossing my fingers for you. I had a 1:17 changes and it did not turn out well. Second pregnancy had a 1:11 (even worser) odds and all was fine!!!!!

littleshinyone Wed 01-Dec-10 19:19:21

Well done, bet you're glad it's over. Fingers crossed you get an answer that you're happy with!

FannyLogan Fri 03-Dec-10 20:34:14

I had a 1 in 3, amnio was Wed, just got the call - negative. You can beat the odds, and yours are so much better than mine were...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now