Talk

Advanced search

When to ask for help...

(4 Posts)
stepupandgo Sun 03-Dec-17 20:17:54

I had my baby a few weeks ago...induction, emergency section etc. We got home after a few days and then i ended up back in for another week due to complications. We're both home now and baby is doing well but I'm really struggling with low mood. I have cried all weekend and don't know why. Is this normal or when does it become a bigger issue than just 'baby blues'?

dede124 Mon 04-Dec-17 14:13:15

Hi @stepupandgo I was induced and also ended up having an emergency c section. It's really hard and I was in a lot of pain for a week or so after which really got me down! The first few weeks are really rough with hormones and adjusting I could not stop crying. My baby is 7 weeks old now and I feel in a better place in terms of hormones and feeling more in control of my emotions but I do still get days where I feel really low. Just remember you have had a major operation and your body is still recovering and your hormones are still settling down. Just monitor it over the next few weeks and if there's no change in your mood speak to your health visitor about it and seek help. It's still early days and sleep deprivation is a killer! Hope you feel better soon thanksx

stepbystepdoula Tue 05-Dec-17 10:50:30

It may just be the baby blues, your body gas been through a lot . We have high expectations, what coming home with baby will be like, that changed for you when you were readmitted (same happened to me with my 4th) it throws you a bit . Give it some time, you'll find your rhythm. Keep talking to people, and accept all offers of help xx

blue2014 Tue 05-Dec-17 11:10:45

I'm gonna say the opposite and I may well be wrong but I wanted to say something

I had an induction and c section. My hormones were funny for a little while, I cried over everything in the world for the first week but I knew it was hormones so I was kinda crying and laughing at how silly it was.

He's my first so I cried lots about how much I love him and the responsibility and the fear but again, knew that was partly hormonal.

Crying for silly reasons is entirely normal. However if you are feeling low or sad I would say it might be worth gently mentioning it to someone now. I wouldn't want for it to get worse for you and then it might be harder to talk about?

It does get better though x the hormones calm down and things get easier thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now