Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Another in law thread

(9 Posts)
user1485778793 Sun 15-Oct-17 22:55:46

We have precious little of our baby boy who died at 10 1/2 weeks. ( see previous threads for the amount shit MIL has caused)

We have 2 sets of foot prints that are on our kitchen wall. MIL has asked for one.

DH said point blank No, they're on our wall.

She's in a huff....again.

Are we being unreasonable to say no you can't have any?

It feels like I'm losing just another little bit of him if a set of foot prints were to go.

ajandjjmum Sun 15-Oct-17 23:00:32

No you're not - any anyone who suggests otherwise deserves no consideration whatsoever.

Sorry for your loss. flowers

IAmBreakmasterCylinder Sun 15-Oct-17 23:05:23

YANBU at all. What a selfish woman your MIL is.

So sorry for your loss x

orangeowls Sun 15-Oct-17 23:06:59

So sorry for your loss, she sounds incredibly selfish xx

user1485778793 Sun 15-Oct-17 23:25:33

She'll be asking for his ashes next.

LegoCaltrops Sun 15-Oct-17 23:35:19

I think I remember your previous threads. You are very patient for even still speaking with her; I would have given up by now. It must be extremely difficult for your DH that his mother is behaving so appalling badly, obviously he needs to lead on this but have you (jointly) considered or attempted reducing contact?

flowers for you & your DH.

user1485778793 Sun 15-Oct-17 23:39:26

Thankyou for replies.

I'm totally nc.

Dh went round for dinner and she asked him for prints then.

furryelephant Sun 15-Oct-17 23:50:34

Nope, absolutely not.
If she sounded like a nicer person I'd suggest whether there was somehow a way of copying one of the prints (if its possible) but from this/what I remember of your previous threads I wouldn't do that either.
flowersfor you and your DH x

user1485778793 Sun 15-Oct-17 23:53:59

I don't want to be spiteful and with hold out of nastiness.

@furryelephant Yes, I could photocopy them.

From what she's been like I really don't to.
I want to keep them for us and the future. Maybe I have this completely wrong and should be pleased she wants them, it's just hard because she's been so horrible before

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now