Talk

Advanced search

Problems with my partner (on my behalf)

(3 Posts)
tummytomummy Sat 07-Oct-17 11:25:51

Hello, I'm 12 weeks pregnant and just needed a bit of advise from an outside perspective.

I'm stuck in abit of a rut. Me and my partner have been on and off for 4 years. Usually together for 5/6 months and then I have chose to end the relationship due to "something being missing" this time around it felt different at the beginning, the feelings I had were a lot stronger and I felt so content with my relationship and him. However after being together 5 months again things started to change and I didn't feel the same anymore. A few weeks after this I found out I was pregnant, previously we had spoke about having a baby but then as my feelings changed so did my thoughts of wanting a baby and I would've rather waited. Anyway... long story short, I'm not 3 months pregnant and I can't stand being around my partner, I feel like I have no feelings towards him, no spark at all, I get irritated by him, and him giving me a kiss or touching me literally repulses mesad I feel like because I'm stuck in a relationship I don't want to be in, I'm not so happy about the baby, I've always wanted a baby and I do want the baby but I'm not jumping for joy and when we go baby shopping even just to have a look I'm not really that interested. I'm just feeling down because I don't know what to do, he is a great boyfriend, can't fault him and i know he'll be an amazing dad, I feel silly but I don't know whether it's my hormones playing a massive part, I don't know it's it's antenatal depression as I have suffered with depression over many years of my life as well. Also even if it's not my hormones I have a baby to think about and I don't want to be selfish and end the relationship but I'm just so unhappy.

Sorry about the long post but have any other mums felt like this?

Fruitcorner123 Sat 07-Oct-17 12:02:22

I haven't felt like this but if you have suffered from depression before I would suggest that is the place to start. Get some advice from your GP. Your feelings about your partner may be due to depression.

Breaking up with your partner during a pregnancy is a big big deal and I would strongly suggest you wait it out and see how you feel as time goes on. You will be left managing a new born baby alone and if you are prone to depression the risk of PND is increased if you are alone and have had a relationship break up. You will be grateful for your partners support in those early weeks and months.

But definitely see a medical professional as constantly changing your feelings in a relationship like that doesn't sound healthy and can't be doing you any good.

Bisset80 Thu 12-Oct-17 10:33:30

Hey huni,
I experienced this back in January, I was diagnosed with antenatal depression, I was the same anything he said pissed me off, couldn't even bare the thought of him touching me!! I refused to see him for 4 weeks, it was easy as I lived up north and he lived down south at the time.
I needed to take that time out and get myself back on track as I knew if he was around then we probably wouldn't be together today.
I would highly recommend speak to your doctor and make an appointment with talking therapies, if possible can you take a break from your partner at all?? Hope it all works out for you xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now