Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

how to get ou of this rut

(3 Posts)
struggling81 Sun 17-Sep-17 17:20:43

I had a traumatic labour 2.5 years ago and have never recovered. everyone expects me to be ok. but I am not. my body has been destroyed and I feel sad, overwhelmed and alone. my daughter is beautiful and I love her so much ... that's the only thing that keeps me going. my husband just doesn't understand what I am going through and it's obvious he resents me. he is no longer attracted to me either. hard to admit all of that but it's true.
sorry for the negative post but hey, thought I'd put it out there as no one else to talk to. I go to work. look after my daughter and our home. and that's it. I just count the minutes and the hours and get no real joy out of anything... I have been prescribed citalopram to help with depression - anyone here experience anything similar?

dede124 Sun 17-Sep-17 20:15:30

Have you thought about some kind of therapy? Or maybe going back to your gp for a review on your medication? It's sounds more like the problem at home with your husband, have you spoke to him and told him how you feel or do you not really speak? X

stepbystepdoula Tue 07-Nov-17 10:11:11

A traumatic labour can trigger PTSD and it is worth talking to someone about this. Your perspective on things may be skewed due to how you feel. I understand, I had a traumatic labour, years ago, it doesn't leave you and it's not easy to talk about, as you don't want to put that horror onto friends and family ❤

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now