Talk

Advanced search

37 weeks and struggling with unhealthy thoughts

(5 Posts)
tiba Sat 20-May-17 09:53:47

A much wanted pregnancy, I had previously been told that I would struggle to conceive and had been off the pill trying for 5 years.

So why do I feel so down?

Most of the time I feel lucky to be pregnant but the negative thoughts start creeping in and are overwhelming all the good.

Just recently I'm struggling to feel that I want to be with dp.
These thoughts are scaring me as I know deep down I love him so much.

We are going through a stressful time with other things going on which means we don't see a lot of each other and maybe this is making things seem worse but I can't get over the worry that baby could arrive any day now and in the last 5 months I have hardly spent any time with dp and I worry it's causing us to drift apart and that once baby is here we won't ever get this time back to be just the two of us again,

pebbles1976 Fri 26-May-17 11:34:26

Didn't want to read and run.

You poor thing - can they even do this? She clearly knows nothing about intrusive thoughts.

I had them with my PND with my first child and it's horrible, OP.

I'm now pregnant again and am suffering from depression and anxiety again having come off Prozac. I have an appointment booked with my GP on Wed to explain that I'm not doing great, but am scared of a social services referral. Not sure what to do.

How have you been getting on? x

pebbles1976 Fri 26-May-17 11:38:31

Sorry, I have just replied to the wrong thread - duh.

Hope you are ok, OP - it's horrible feeling like this during pregnancy.

KatyN Sun 28-May-17 13:16:10

Bless you. I'm not sure how this will help but I felt like that in the first 4 months of my children. If my husband wasn't at work one of us would be asleep. I really clearly remember going for a walk together with the baby and commenting how odd it was to be together.
My only words of wisdom is that it shall pass. For the time being, hunker down and rest assured you will spend time together again. I kept reminding myself (and him) that we were going to be together for ever, decades and decades so a few months of practicality was fine.

KatyN Sun 28-May-17 21:52:24

Another thought I had today is that actually labour was quite a positive experience for my relationship with my husband. I wasninduced and it was very slow so we actually spent about 4 days just hanging out together with nothing else to do.

Pregnancy is tough. It will end and you will be back to normal. Except then you'll have a tiny baby too!

Good luck kxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now