Talk

Advanced search

Feeling a bit depressed

(2 Posts)
FTM85 Wed 17-May-17 11:21:38

Hi all

Hoping someone can offer some guidance.

I've got a beautiful 3 month old baby girl and so far have absolutely loved being a mum. I'm a little concerned now about how I am feeling.

I've suffered with depression and anxiety in the past so I'm always very aware of when negative feelings crop up. I was almost surprised I didn't get PND when my baby was born (I am already on citalopram long term but a low dose due to pregnancy/breastfeeding.

The past few days I have felt really blue - just like a descending black cloud is hanging over me. Not necessarily like I'm going to burst into tears or anything but just down in the dumps.

Has anyone had bouts of this that just come and go? Hoping it's temporary sad

My mum thinks I should be trying to get out a bit more in the evenings every now and then but my daughter is breastfed and doesn't take a bottle so I don't feel comfortable.

Any tips or just general support much appreciated x

KatyN Sun 28-May-17 21:59:32

I would say a few days is fine, a week or two is maybe time to go to the gp and raise it.
Pnd comes at different times for different women.
Also it really depends on what part you find difficult. I would guess by 3 months you are seriously sleep deprived and not having thosr post partum hormones anymore. Going out is hard especially when sleep is your main priority. Are you seeing people during the day?
Hopefully you're feeling a bit brighter? Otherwise maybe just pop along to your gp?
Kx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now