Talk

Advanced search

? Antenatal depression after pregnancy illness

(2 Posts)
redjumper Wed 22-Mar-17 17:07:21

I'm on my third pregnancy and it's been physically very hard. I had hyperemesis gravidarum and various infections plus anaemia and exhaustion. I have two children under 4 to care for. I couldn't work all pregnancy as I was too ill. I feel I lost everything, I couldn't care for my kids properly and I could hardly get out. For the first four months I was practically bed bound. I've felt sick every single day and I'm now 8 months pregnant, I've forgotten what it's like to feel ok.
I've had terrible antenatal care: never seen the same midwife twice and every time I have to repeat the same old story about how ill I've been and how upset I feel yet they just write in my notes that all is well. It's a joke and a waste of time.
Today I spent an hour waiting for my midwife at the surgery with my two children running wild with boredom till I couldn't cope any more and had to leave. I feel it's a complete waste of time anyway and feel completely unsupported. I'm crying a lot and keep yelling at my children.
What shall I do? Am I going to be ok?

KatyN Sun 02-Apr-17 21:04:08

When I got to your stage I lost it with the midwife and she promised she would see me every week until I had my baby. We had to juggle appointments but she kept her word.
It's been over a week since you wrote but maybe you can make an appointment to explain to them, possibly without the children??
Good luck, kxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now