Talk

Advanced search

HOw long for a perinatal mental health referral?

(5 Posts)
SleepyHeadThisTime Thu 23-Feb-17 13:10:33

Just that really - my midwife said she'd refer me after my last appointment but it's been over 2 weeks now and I've not heard anything. I'm 36 weeks now so I'm starting to worry a bit confused

londonloves Sun 26-Feb-17 14:58:42

I was referred at my booking appointment on Friday and they have given me an appointment with a consultant in June... which seems a bit far away and I'm concerned about not getting any input until then. I'm going to contact their PALS team on Monday and see if there's anything they can offer sooner, maybe you could do that too? They should be able to give you an idea of timescale. Meanwhile I'm going to try some yoga, meditation and swimming to try and help with my anxiety. Wishing you lots of love x

SleepyHeadThisTime Mon 27-Feb-17 22:41:05

Thanks London I was worried it would be a long wait - I'm due in 3 weeks and my issues are around the birth confused I've made a doctors appintment for this week to see if there's a quicker route to any help that way

londonloves Sat 04-Mar-17 15:47:56

Hey sleepy, was wondering how you're doing? X

SleepyHeadThisTime Sat 04-Mar-17 21:54:31

Ok thanks. my referral was rubbish - just a letter with info about self referral to general mental health services. I was expecting something more specific - perhaps expecting too much!?

Saw my dr last week though and she prescribed me sertraline and weekly appointments so I feel I've got some support smile

How are things with you, are you finding the yoga and meditation useful? Have you had any luck with PALS?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now