Talk

Advanced search

Starting AD during third trimester

(4 Posts)
jcne Mon 20-Feb-17 22:03:12

Has anyone? What happened about breastfeeding?

I'm struggling right now, I am dormant suicidal with serious contemplation and planning probably at least 1 or 2 days of the week. I'm very very afraid.

jcne Mon 20-Feb-17 22:06:30

I have previously taken AD and hated them but I am desperate. I don't feel like I have a good grasp on reality at the moment.

SleepyHeadThisTime Wed 01-Mar-17 21:20:09

I've just started on ADs at 37 weeks - my dr said there's lots of different kinds and although they can cross the placenta/ be passed through to your milk, this is minimal with v.v. Low risk to baby, outweighed by their positive effects for the mother.

If you're feeling low or suicidal please, please talk to someone - phone the simaritans, or talk to your midwife or Doctor. You don't have to go through this alone. Can you articulate what it is that you're afraid of or for?

Sheilasfeels Fri 03-Mar-17 10:32:55

I have been on AD throughout my pregnancy, with no complications. Please see your doctor and discuss which would be best for you. I understand that fluexotine (not sure on spelling) also known as prozac has the most research on use during pregnancy and so it considered the safest, however I am on citalopram and as I say have had no problems, and my doctor said most of the ssri's are considered fine. You can and will get through this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now