Talk

Advanced search

High Risk of becoming Depressed?

(2 Posts)
AskingForAFriend1 Tue 24-Jan-17 14:30:54

Hello all,

New to Mumsnet & I have a friend who has said she has been advised by her doctor that she is at High Risk of becoming depressed due to financial concerns. This just seems like a really irresponsible thing for a medical professional to tell someone as now all she is focusing on is becoming depressed!

I have never heard of anything like this before, and have spoken with some of my other mum friends who have suffered post natal depression and they feel the same as me , but she won't listen as it's come from her medical professional.

Anyone else ever heard of this before? Or indeed, able to shed some light as to how to help us, help her?

HobbitTankard Wed 25-Jan-17 09:50:34

After doing the standard questionnaire/ checklist while pregnant, the midwife told me I had come up as at risk of post natal depression. It was used as a jumping off point for me to say how I was feeling. I assumed it was a normal part of the consultation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now