Talk

Advanced search

Am I being a hormonal nasty piece of work?

(7 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Fri 16-Dec-16 18:12:26

My baby is due soon and he's to be taken away from me and transferred to another hospital as he's going to be very poorly at birth. The stress of knowing this is unreal I can't imagine being without my baby who I have been waiting all these months to meet! Of course I will try my best to be up and about after the birth and follow him over there as soon as possible. Now the inlaws are saying they will visit him before i arrive. This has severely annoyed me and I said no way if I can't be with my baby then nobody can be with him!! (Except my dp who is going with him) am I being nasty? Would you let he inlaws visit your poorly baby who you only got a quick glimpse of? Or are my hormones playing up as it's almost time

LauraK1987 Thu 05-Jan-17 21:00:04

No chance!! No-one would be seeing my baby before me and my partner....if that meant partner getting the first and having to be on his own with baby till I got there then so be it. No way would I let my in laws be with my baby before me xx

Sheilasfeels Fri 03-Mar-17 11:04:37

I completely understand, your baby will have your DP and that's all it needs, if yoyr DP needs your in laws for support they can be there for him at the hospital but I couldn't stand the idea of anyone spending time with my baby before me. Even if it is irrational, it's your right to be irrational right now and to have people respect your decisions.

Pootles2010 Fri 03-Mar-17 11:10:16

No you're absolutely right they are being awful. Discuss with your midwife - if baby is poorly I bet they wouldn't be allowed in anyway.

ChocChocPorridge Fri 03-Mar-17 11:11:10

I was away from my baby for only an hour after he was born (I had to go to recovery) - and I'd seen him but not touched as I had mega shivers and spasms from the epidural and didn't trust myself to be able to hold him or stroke him - I took great comfort knowing that DP was with him. I knew that he was safe.

Now, had DP's parents been there, I know I'd have felt that mother protectiveness (I did with DS2 when she carried him to the car from hospital) - but I also know that she'd do anything for us, and that she was honestly there to help not for her own edification (although obviously she was glad to meet him too). When DS1 was in hospital a bit older, I was grateful for her being there, because I didn't want DS1 left alone.

Do you think that you would be able to see it that way? That they're there to help, to support DP, rather than to usurp your place? And even though you'll definitely feel it, do you think you could rise over the protectiveness?

Bluntness100 Fri 03-Mar-17 11:12:47

Yes of course I would let them, the more love and support your baby can get the better. I'd be actively encouraging it if the hospital felt it was beneficial to my child in any way shape or form.

ineedwine99 Fri 03-Mar-17 11:13:27

Not a chance would i let anyone see baby before me and my husband, thankfully my in laws wouldn't dream of asking. Hope you get sorted OP, you are totally not being unreasonable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now