Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Needing some help.

(8 Posts)
somanycoldcuppas Fri 18-Nov-16 17:41:30

Is there any kind of way on telling the difference between baby blues, a little bit of stress and PND?

I can't really put in to words how I'm feeling, but if I knew the difference between them, maybe I could work out what's wrong with me,

Thanks in advance smile

7Days Fri 18-Nov-16 21:35:55

I've had a few bouts myself but I'm by no means an expert. I think they use how long it has lasted, something like above 4 wks is straying from baby blues territory. Sleep is a major issue ime, support too. If you feel the need to ask I think you should mention it to your hv. Its best not to let it get too entrenched. I regret not recognising what was wrong after my first baby and left myself wide open. I cant even remember my kids babyhoods. no matter the label you feel a bit shit so you need a bit of help, might be simple practical stuff but your hv will have seen it all and might have some good suggestions as to where to go next. You might be wise to post on the general mh board, its a bit busier so there might be more knowledgeable heads there. Good luck and I hope it all goes well for you.

mylaptopismylapdog Fri 18-Nov-16 22:20:01

7 days has it right sleep disruption is not to be underestimated, especially when you are still recovering from the birth. Also whatever it is is probably a reaction to a life changing event and is not something that is wrong with you. You are aware enough to raise this on here so that little one is ok, he or she has a Mum who can look for support when it's needed, and is aware of what is going on. Asking HV and any willing supportive trusted adults for help is a good idea. It will get better. I felt awful at times at the beginning with both of mine but had help and they are now adults and fine. I volunteer with a class with babies and new mothers because of how I felt and think that the first year is a big adjustment for most mothers. You are probably too tired but if you can try to see yourself as others would,( i.e. someone who is doing there best and not realising they are doing OK), and treat yourself kindly. Best wishes.

Sarahhot1250980 Mon 05-Dec-16 20:28:44

Hi everyone iv just signed up to this site tonight . Here goes I was diagnosed with pnd about two half months ago , ( feels like a life time !) iv had it before about 17yrs ago quite bad. I have been prescribed sertraline 50mg but they're still in my cupboard!! I know it sound crazy but I'm so scared of taking them . Anyone out there that feels the same ??. Also suffering with panic attacks ( desperate mum of 6 kids 21, 17, 14 , 6, 3, and 3months . Anyone else felt anxious of taking them but tried em and felt better . Desperately seeking guidance and reassurance 😞

Sarahhot1250980 Tue 06-Dec-16 14:26:32

Hi anyone out there for some advise for me ?? Posted last nite hmm

NeuroticFox1 Tue 06-Dec-16 15:56:22

Sarahhot Hiya I've not got direct experience but your post is hiding in this thread so people may not be seeing your question. If you go to the list of questions and "add thread" you can readd so more people can see it. Xxx

Sarahhot1250980 Tue 06-Dec-16 17:30:23

Thank you , can't you tell I'm new to this lol

Sarahhot1250980 Tue 06-Dec-16 17:31:40

Hi sorry again , where will I find the questions ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now