Talk

Advanced search

Being suspicious

(6 Posts)
Whoopsadoo Mon 01-Aug-16 16:17:14

Hello,

I had my baby 5 months ago and have been diagnosed with PND. I feel a constant sense of dread and guilt, and obsess over the birth and the future. More worryingly for me is that I've become so suspicious of most people around me, people I thought were my friends. I now think they don't like me at all, or do things to push me out. Its horrible and I honestly cannot work out whether my thoughts are true or not. Does this happen with PND?

GP prescribed antidepressants, they aren't doing much. I wasn't offered counselling and it feels like I could talk forever, I have so much in my head sad.

Imnotmyself Tue 09-Aug-16 15:06:56

Are you in employment? I am feeling rubbish about being pregnant with my third, having had a miscarriage last year (which is what made me erroneously think I wanted a third). I just discovered yesterday that I can access counselling for personal issues (not just work-related stress) through work. So you might be able to get it that way...

Haggisfish Tue 09-Aug-16 15:08:19

Honestly, this sounds like it is a worsening of pnd. Talk to gp or midwife or hv urgently.

Whoopsadoo Wed 10-Aug-16 22:09:51

I am employed, I'll look into that. I'm too scared to admit my suspicious thoughts in real life - they'll think I'm bonkers! Day to day life is ok, I'm caring for DS no problem, he really is wonderful, but I have learnt to recognise certain triggers that send me into a whirlwind of anxiety. This is horrible sad. I don't feel as though I am depressed, but I know I don't feel right.

Haggisfish Wed 10-Aug-16 22:15:57

Are you on anxiety relieving anti depressants or just ads? Eg citalopram is normally better at reducing anxiety than Prozac/fluoxetine. Do be aware of post natal psychosis-if your thoughts impinge on normal life phone someone ASAP.

Whoopsadoo Wed 10-Aug-16 23:01:50

I'm on Sertaline, not sure if they're anxiety relieving? I'm aware that my thoughts are concerning, just never sure if they're warranted or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now